The Holidays are for Peanut Butter Bon Bons!
December is here, and this quick and easy recipe is a family favorite. These chocolate-covered Peanut Butter Bon Bons are a yearly tradition and can be customized in so many ways! Your friends and family will be requesting these super easy-to-make treats by name each holiday season.
A creamy peanut butter filling is blended, rolled into balls, dipped and refrigerated, then topped with powdered sugar, nuts or whatever you choose (if anything!) That’s it! So, get creative, try these out, and let us know what you think!
2 cups Chunky Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Butter or Margarine
16 oz. Sifted Powdered Sugar
3 cups Rice Krispies
3-6 oz. Semi-sweet Chocolate Morsels
1. In a saucepan, melt peanut butter and butter (or margarine).
2. In a large bowl, combine powdered sugar and Rice Krispies. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal mixture and blend together with hands.
3. Form into 1/2-1” balls. Chill until firm.
4. Melt chocolate morsels in a double broiler; dip candy balls in the chocolate coating, swirling tops with the back of the spoon.
5. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet and chill.
Makes 60-100 balls, depending on size.
Optional: top balls before chilling with cocoa powder, sea salt, powdered sugar, toffee, nuts or candy sprinkles.